Wow, we cannot believe we are down to The Voice’s top four already, with semi-finals airing tonight! Last Monday, the top six sang not one, but two songs: one they picked, and one their coaches picked for them. How did they do? So glad you asked!
- Terry- We were pretty sure he was safe after dedicating Foreigner‘s “I Want To Know What Love Is” to his late mother- tear jerker, and then rocking out to Rod Stewart‘s “Stay With Me”. We don’t know which we enjoyed more! Terry is not only talented- tackling two difficult songs, but consistent.
- Trevin- faltered a bit on the song Cee Lo picked for him (the somewhat odd choice of Katrina and the Waves’ “Walking On Sunshine”), but he more than made up for it when he belted Jennifer Hudson’s “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going”. Trevin, after that performance we know you are not going anywhere quite yet, if all at!
- Amanda- Two more amazing performances. We slightly preferred Adam’s pick for her-Whitesnake‘s “Here I Go Again.” (And we now know for sure the lyric is “drifter”, not “twister”!) But what was with the outfit? We liked the short and sparkly number she wore during her own song choice much better, when she no doubt did Aretha Franklin proud with “Natural Woman”.
- Nicholas- Cee Lo’s pick, Earth, Wind & Fire‘s “September” was good, but we felt at times the choir was a bit overpowering. We loved his rendition of the classic “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”- nice touch!
- Melanie- Well… she had the best set design, can we say that? We enjoy Melanie’s creativity, but at this stage in the game- it is just too obvious her voice is the weakest of the group.
- Cassadee- the iTunes favorite- didn’t disappoint her fans with a country number by Rascal Flatts that Blake picked for her (of course) and she choose an Avril Lavigne song (snore). She did well, but is becoming predictable. If she makes it through, we would love to see her take some risks.
So… what happened on the results show? After a duet by Ne-Yo and Amanda (!) and some other obligatory performances… we find out everyone is moving on, but Melanie and Amanda. And with that, Team Adam becomes the second team eliminated from the competition. Melanie we could see coming, but were shocked about Amanda- what were they thinking! We have a feeling both will be successful though, and can’t wait to seeing what they do next.
What did you think of the top six’s performances? Are you surprised to see Amanda go home? What about Melanie?