Wow. Did we call that or what? Before we get to the top 10 results, we need to note: the results show format, while long, was pretty cool. The show’s producers showed us some very nice candid moments with the newly announced top 10 as they processed the enormity of the experience before walking out on stage to greet the judges and cheering audience.
So, who is our top 10?
- Paul Jolley- he’s a surprise! We’re not sure how long he will stick around, or accomplish his goal of becoming the “male Taylor Swift.”
- Burnell Taylor- we didn’t call it, but it’s not a shock. He got lots of love from the judges Wednesday night. We predict he’ll be in the running longer than Jolley.
- Curtis Finch Jr. – was genuinely astonished by his top 10 victory. We weren’t! His victory song, John Legend‘s “So High” was, appropriately, full of the high notes only Curtis can pull off.
- Devin Velez- we were thrilled to see Devin make it, although not as ecstatic as his mom, who was brought up on stage to hug him. Super cute!
- Lazaro Arbos- he seemed overwhelmed, but stayed on point. He even gave notes to the bandleader before stepping out on stage. His victory song was probably his best yet.
- Janelle Arthur- proved that ‘ol saying true: third time’s the charm! Janelle sang “Home” by Dierks Bentley and like Lazaro, we thought it was her finest to date.
- Candice Glover- we loved her reaction, she was so excited! Randy reminded us Candice “can really sing and this is a singing competition.”
- Angie Miller- looked like she was about to cry! Her victory song, “I Was Here” by Beyoncé was not her greatest performance (too emotional perhaps?), but we predict Angie will go far this season!
- Amber Holcomb- yay for little Amber! Mariah said she has “lots of potential” and we agree.
- Kree Harrison- saved the best for last? She’s our favorite by far and we cannot wait to see her perform week after week after week. So, keep voting for her!
Did you realize we guessed ALL of the women correctly plus three out of the five guys? That’s right. Our predictions so far are pretty dead on! Of course, you did a great job voting America. We love it when great minds think alike.