The MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) are known for their memorable moments, most notably Kanye West telling Taylor Swift “…I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish. But…” and who can forget the infamous kiss between Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Most of these moments are spontaneous or well-kept secrets, but that’s not going to stop us from trying to predict who may cause a scene this year.
1. Look no further than host Kevin Hart. The comedian’s appearance at the 2011 VMAs was hilarious, so we can’t wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time. Bonus points if it somehow involves Taylor Swift – she seems up for it considering the promo they did together.
2. YouTube sensation Psy, who recently signed with Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen’s manager, is scheduled to appear. No word on whether he’ll be performing, but here’s hoping that Gangnam Style gets the live, national audience it deserves.
3. McKayla Maroney and the U.S. Gymnastics team will present an award. Something tells us that McKayla is not going to be impressed.
4. Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones, stars of the romantic dramedy “Celeste and Jesse Forever,” will also present. Samberg may have inherited Adam Sandler’s throne as “America’s goofball” and “Parks and Recreation” fans know how well Jones plays the straight woman, so we’re looking forward to seeing them together on stage.
5. Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Pink, Alicia Keys and One Direction are slated to perform, but we’re betting Frank Ocean will steal the show. Between his features on Jay-Z and Kanye’s Watch the Throne and his own stellar debut, Channel Orange, Ocean is one of the year’s breakout stars. Don’t be surprised to see a standing ovation after his performance.
The VMAs air live on MTV tomorrow night at 8/7c. Wanna say “I was there!” then, check out StubHub now while tickets are still available!